Do you know how Google makes a lot of money?. Surprisingly, 97% of its revenue comes from online pay-per-click advertising. Millions of companies pay pennies or dollars each time when a user clicks on their Google Adwords ads.
Larry Kim, the Founder & CTO of WordStream, provider of the 20 Minute PPC Work Week and Google Ads Grader shared the search company’s research into the keyword categories that fuel Google’s market domination of PPC advertising – and which ones are the most expensive to bid on.
Google Ads is a powerful tool for your business to reach new potential customers. Unlike SEO, AdWords PPC has an immediate effect, it allows you to target on the keywords related to your business that you want to rank well, and it enables your business to set a budget and make budgets.
Marketing and advertising always arrive at ROI, and as long as most of them turn to customers, you can get a strong ROI with AdWords with a higher CPC. Many keyword categories in Infographic are for high-value items such as “business services” and “insurance”. Products or services with large value tags can support more expensive advertising.
Top 10 Most Expensive Google Keywords
- Business Services: $58.64
- Casino: $55.48
- Insurance $54.91
- Lawyer: $54.86
- Asset Management: $49.86
- Cash Services & Payday Loans: $48.18
- Cleanup & Restoration Services: $47.61
- Degree: $47.36
- Medical Coding Services: $46.84
If you are a new Google Ads user or you are considering entering one of these industries then be prepared to PPC rate for top keywords. While some may start providing better treatment facilities, keep in mind that you are one of the most expensive niche groups, and you have to pay more for those high CPC keywords.
If you want to target on the insurance keywords, you will spend an average of $ 54.91. So, whenever someone searches Google for a keyword like “Buy Auto Insurance Online” or “Online Insurence”, and clicks on your PPC campaign ad unit (which appear with the “Ad” label above and below Google’s organic search results), Google charges that advertiser almost $54.91(average).
So, suppose that an advertiser gets 10 clicks per day on that ad. An advertiser must pay:
- 10 * $54.91 = $5,49/day.
- 30 * $5,49.1 = 16473/month.
- 12 * $16473 = $2 million/year (approx).
So if you’re thinking about advertising on Google but worried about how expensive it seems to target keywords you want, just remember: these costs are the average.
- Loans (ex:- “Car loans”, “Auto loan ” and “Home Loan”)
- Mortgage (ex:- “Mortgage Services” and “Remortgage ”)
- Credit (ex:- “Home Credit” and “Credit Buyer”)
- Lawyer (ex:- “Criminal Lawyer,” “Defense Lawyer”, Top lawyer)
- Attorney (ex:- “Defense Attorney”, “Personal Injury Attorney” )
- Donate (ex:- “Donation Centers,” “Donate for Child”)
- Degree ( ex:- “Bachelors Degree Course ”)
- Conference Call (ex:- “Top Conference Call service,” “Toll-free Conference Calls”)
- Trading (ex:- “Online Trading Service” “Online Stock Trades”)
- Software (ex:- “CRM software,” “Best Primavera Software”)
- Web Hosting (ex:- “Shared Hosting,” “Managed Web Hosting Solution”)
- Claim (ex:- “Medical Claim,” “Accident claims”)
- Recovery (ex:- “Computer Data Recovery,” “Hard Disk Data Recovery”)
- Transfer (ex:- “Zero apr Balance Transfer,” “Credit Card Balance Transfer”)
- Gas/Electricity (ex:-“Commercial Electricity Price Comparison,” “Best Commercial Electricity Suppliers”)
- Classes (ex:- “Online Classes,” “Training Classes”)
- Treatment (ex:- “Medical Treatment,” “Drug Treatment Centers”)
- Cord Blood (ex:- “Cord blood Bank,” “Store Umbilical Cord Bood”)
The most expensive niche groups paying for the most expensive keywords are an industry with very high lifetime customer value; The most expensive keywords of AdWords are present in those industries where the customer’s payment is too high. Finally, the sum of the insurance companies comes from signing up for insurance with one person, which makes a high cost of investment in per click rates, even $ 54.91/click.
As you can see in the above list, most of the keyword categories represent businesses with high lifetime customer value. That means that these businesses can pay more per click (CPC) for the new potential customers, even if the leads convert into sales, they will get a higher return on investment.
Some Tips for Advertising in Expensive Google Keywords
1). Be Specific:
Only target a specific group of 3-5 keywords. Research detailed keywords and include long-tailed keywords, which are more likely to change, as well as the keywords you know that making the best return on investment. To come up with specific keyword ideas, the Google Ads Keyword Tool can be used for both broad and long-tail keywords.
2). Use Negative Keywords:
Use a negative keyword tool to search for those keywords that you do not want to show your ads. As a result of irrelevant keywords, there are costly clicks that never run a conversion, and when you bid on the most expensive keywords at $ 50 per click, the negative keywords are absolutely necessary. By running a search query report, you’ll find a list of all the search queries that show your ads that allow you to add a non-related keyword as a negative keyword/phrase.
3). Focus on Relevancy:
Target and optimize your ads for the high-quality score, because it can help you to reduce your average CPC. Include your keywords in your headlines and/or statements, and add unique sales points to stand out from the competition.
4). Landing Page Optimisation:
Set a clear goal and purpose for your website and AdWords campaign, and you know what you want visitors to take action there. While most AdWords conversion rates are around 2%, we often change landing pages by 20% or 30%. The key to landing page optimization is to try different types of offers and test how people respond to them. When customizing your landing page, Google recommends three basic elements of quality: relevant and original content, transparency and access. Most importantly, to make sure that you have a clear and direct call to action, and show your unique selling points to increase conversions.
Implementing a keyword tool can help you create specific keyword ideas, just make sure that you are paying only for those keywords that are specific to your business.